Blogger Template by Blogcrowds Blogger Layouts

2012- The movie

I was seeing an apocalypse movie for the first time in a theater may be that's why i was totally taken aback by the destruction showed in the first half, or maybe I'm not really well suited for violence, but it was awesome and if you plan to watch this movie then watching it in a theater is good idea unless you are like my mom who had her eyes shut completely scared out of her wits.

The first half gives you an impression that its just another "end of the world" movie, a family running around to survive the cataclysm, few presidential speeches about bravery etc. Soon it changed into something mind boggling and awesome which truly leaves your mouth wide open. Almost all the important and unexpected twists where saved for the ending part. overall its an amazing and a must see movie.

My rank- 8/10. Must watch.

Imdb rank- 6.2/10.

Runtime-158 minutes

Genre-Action | Adventure | Sci-Fi | Thriller

Story- 8/10- the story was fine but feel like the it was worlds end, most people were cool with it and only thing they all cared was saving their own lives. I think its obvious to contemplate, but that aspect was missing. There's no way people could be so cool about worlds end. I think that's inherent to the story, something the author should work on. the most interesting part is about what all things could go wrong rather than the worlds end itself. Makes you think- I really liked the solution to the worlds end but its not a very good one I believe. I think I spoiled this part for you guys who haven't seen it yet.

Acting-7/10- Typical but did a good job.

Direction and screenplay- 8/10. Somehow the chaos part of it wasn't captured very well.

Action-8/10- nothing out of ordinary as compared to present technology. Looking forward to give the 9/10 to "Avatar".

Sound-8/10- it turns boring hearing the same sounds of tremors again and again but that's only in the first half nevertheless it had awesome sound effects.

Enjoyment-9/10. After all that's what the movies are for.
So don't miss it.

4 comments:

I saw it my place. i felt the script was predictable..

Tue Dec 22, 06:43:00 PM  

script was predictabe but not the things that could go wrong.

Tue Dec 22, 06:54:00 PM  

yah.. you are right on that part :)

Sat Dec 26, 09:09:00 AM  

I think I am late to read your review :) .... now 3 Idiots, Avtar and Paa already lined up :)

Thu Dec 31, 05:02:00 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home